A top tier, owner-affiliated hospitality asset management firm with holdings of over 100 full & select service hotels is looking to build out their FP&A team.
The Analyst/Associate will join a small team which is responsible for annual and long-term financial PBF (planning, budgeting and forecasting) activities, cost optimization, resource allocation, operational reviews, analytical support, strategic financial modeling, and management reporting to senior leadership and the Board of Directors.
- Financial reporting, forecasting and analysis
- Participate in annual and quarterly budget/reforecast process
- Identify trends, business challenges, and profitability improvement opportunities
- Monitor industry and brand trends in conjunction with Data/Research team
- Create board meeting materials, various ad hoc reports and perform analysis as required by senior leadership and the Board of Directors
- Maintain and enhance efficiency of internal financial reporting processes, serving as a thought leader to upgrade reporting standards through the pursuit of continuous process improvement
- Knowledge of the hotel industry
- Intellectual curiosity, analytical background, and attention to detail required
- Understanding of accounting concepts (P&L, Balance Sheet, Journal Entries), as well as traditional finance cycle (Annual Plan, Forecast, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (forecasting and modeling experience)
- High degree of comfort working with large data sets
- Proven ability and maturity to work and learn new systems/technology in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, working both independently and as part of a team to ensure timely deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Hospitality/Hotel Management, Finance or Real Estate