Our client is a leading alternative asset manager with business lines across private equity, credit, real estate, and hedge funds. One of their business lines has a flexible, opportunistic mandate that invests across asset classes and geographies. They have controlling and minority stakes in dozens of companies, and are looking to hire someone to help oversee the investments, including portfolio monitoring and individual investment-level oversight.
- Driving value across the portfolio including through onboarding investments, consistent interaction with management of the portfolio companies and Deal teams, and driving strategic initiatives and exits for portfolio companies
- Working collaboratively with deal teams to manage the full life cycle of portfolio companies from on-boarding, executing strategic and operational plans, monitoring financials, board and executive management governance and preparing companies for exit
- Participating in annual leadership reviews, board effectiveness reviews, strategic reviews etc.
- Reviewing portfolio companies operations, evaluate management teams and portfolio company boards
- Monitoring KPI trends across portfolio to monitor operating results, including performance against budgets
- Advising management about key matters that impact the business on a short and long term period, in order to make a significant contribution to the realization of the organization’s objectives
- 2-4 years of professional experience in Strategy Consulting, Investment Banking or Transaction Advisory Role
- BS / BA in Business, Accounting, Economics or a related field
- Strong communication skills, self-starter
- Detail oriented
- Motivated individual with ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple projects while meeting demanding deadlines
- A demonstrated ability to write effectively
- A desire to work in a team environment