Our client, an elite Proprietary Trading Firm is looking for a Trading Infrastructure Engineer to join their Midtown, NYC office: you’ll work on a small, but global team of highly experienced systems and applications engineers focused on the creation, management and support of real-time trading systems. A role on this team offers significant exposure to sophisticated methods of trading, from the handling and distribution of market data to order management and routing solutions.
Successful candidates come from very strong technical and academic backgrounds, are interested in solving complex technical issues, wish to be deeply involved in hands-on programming. They also enjoy ownership of business-critical projects, working on the full life cycle of large complex systems, from designing and implementing new components and features to supporting and enhancing existing functionality.
- Develop and maintain our proprietary software stack using C++, Assembly, Python, Unix/Linux
- Use software development methodologies to implement and extend order management, compliance, exchange connectivity, market data, and routing functionality
- Design and implement our next generation real-time trading platform
- Maintain and enhance our internal development infrastructure, which includes our build and deployment environments, compilers, debuggers, and other development tools
- Manage and support the operation of our global trading system, troubleshooting and debugging issues
- Monitor compliance-related issues and market/exchange technology changes