Startup technology firm with offices in New York, Connecticut, and San Francisco. Our client’s platform helps data science teams accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models.
As Director of Quality, it’s your mission to drive the success of our platform by being our testing expert and advocate of quality. Embedded in engineering, you’ll design and implement automated test cases that guarantee functionality and ensure we’re shipping high-quality code.
At the firm, software quality is everyone’s responsibility (product, engineering, operations), but you will have a seat at the table to influence how our team approaches testing. And because our platform integrates with many other data science tools and technologies, there’s no shortage of challenges.
- Define and drive a culture of testing and quality by setting standards for test design and engineering improvements in our automated test harness and processes
- Work alongside engineering throughout the development cycle, influencing architecture and implementation to drive quality and adherence to acceptance criteria
- Work with product management to help flesh out quality implications for user facing stories
- Implement automated test cases that will verify functional and nonfunctional requirements
- Report and analyze bugs; help drive the defect resolution process
- Work with release management to certify when a user stories are complete and ready for release to production
- 3-5 years testing or quality experience — test automation experience a must
- Strong opinions about and fluency in modern software testing practices
- Experience with behavior driven development techniques
- Experience with BDD frameworks (like Gherkin) is a plus!