The Quantitative Strategy Team is responsible for investing in systematic trading strategies across all asset classes. The investment process combines the analytical thinking of systematically investing in public markets with the strategic thinking of private equity. Core responsibilities include:
• Sourcing, evaluating and investing in systematic hedge fund strategies across fund life cycles. This involves meeting with the hedge fund manager and their team and conducting both qualitative and quantitative analysis of the relevant strategy.
• Creating strategic partnerships with systematic hedge fund managers with the goal of developing bespoke investment opportunities.
• Making recommendations regarding different styles of investing, given the current environment and future expectations.
• Thinking strategically about quantitative methods for generating investment ideas and developing quantitative tools to improve overall investment process.
The firm seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to possessing strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have:
• 1-6 years of experience working in a financial role, preferably at a bank quantitative research team, a trading desk, or a quantitative hedge fund
• A demonstrated track record of creative problem-solving in a team-based, results-focused environment
• An ability to think creatively and strategically about novel investment opportunities as they arise
• Prior hands-on experience with financial data analysis including interacting with internal and external data sources
• Practical experience programming in either a formal language (Python, Java, C++) or a data analysis package such as Matlab
• Superior communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to write effectively and present findings in a concise format to various audiences
• An ability to manage ad hoc projects independently and to completion
• B.S or higher degree in a quantitative discipline