Our client, an elite Proprietary Trading Firm, is looking for a Strategy Implementation Engineer to join their Midtown, NYC office. Specifically, they are looking for Computer Science hackers to sift through the raw ore of global markets for suitable input to machine learning pipelines. Must understand how to automate systems that trade 23 hours a day, 6 days a week, and have the courage to make rational decisions when they don’t meet expectations. Ideal candidate would find arcane details of software, markets, and statistics fascinating, and be comfortable working in an environment where ingenuity, teamwork, and pragmatism triumph over org chart and politics.
- Joining a close-knit engineering team to design, implement, and manage the full lifecycle of real time quantitative trading systems
- Daily work involves coding in Python/C++, maintaining sophisticated machine learning pipelines, and obsessive tracking of model and market performance
- Communication: substance valued over style. Expected to contribute to discussions ranging from multivariate distribution modeling to CPU architectures to bar napkin VAR measurements with experts in each of these fields, all in the same day
- Must have tenacity to swiftly isolate subtle numeric errors and performance bottlenecks in nuanced and compulsively evolving codebases
- Qualifications: Interest in financial markets, expertise in Python, C++, or equivalent languages, undergraduate level understanding of linear algebra and statistics
Base Salary Range: $125,000 – $175,000