Elite Prop Trading Firm – Midtown, NYC
Our client is looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer, with a passion for Linux, the public cloud, automation, and configuration management to join their world-class team. This team of engineers works on challenging and complicated problems, and in return, makes a direct impact on the bottom line. For the right talent, there is fantastic growth potential.
Quality cloud infrastructure is crucial to the firm’s growth and success, and as a senior member of the Core Engineering team, this Engineer will design and architect the next generation cloud platform, ensuring all engineering teams have access to the cloud on top of a performant, consistent, well-monitored, and secure cloud platform. In addition to building the cloud platform, this Engineer will collaborate closely with engineering teams, helping their applications work well with the cloud.
- Manage and improve current-generation cloud platform, leveraging scripting and automation tools
- Design and architect next-generation public cloud platform
- Partner with engineering teams to understand their requirements and facilitate on-boarding of their applications onto cloud platform
- Use devops and infrastructure as code methodologies to realize the cloud platform
- Work with on-prem systems engineers to seamlessly bridge on-prem Linux, storage, and network infrastructure with the cloud
- Coordinate changes to core public cloud infrastructure