A global institutional investment management firm with more than $25B AUM. The firm’s culture is based on a commitment to a collegial environment, global teamwork and the highest ethical standards. The Capital Markets department was established with a focus on managing and optimizing our trading, financing and counterparty relationships. The primary role of the Capital Markets positon will be to help create and support the infrastructure used for broker relations. It will also present an entrepreneurial opportunity within a new department for the firm.
- Act as point person to acquire financing or structural leverage alternatives across a range of investments: commercial real estate, structured and securitized products, leverage finance transactions, transportation assets, and other potential illiquid assets.
- Manage and build out financing infrastructure; pricing and key term matrices; standard “best in class” terms by asset class; and library of lender relationships and documents.
- Understand market for financing on various assets to provide investment teams with baseline cost and structure; negotiate, execute and manage financing process in tandem with investment and legal teams.
- Work closely with the Head of Capital Markets to develop the operating model for the newly formed Capital Markets function.
- 5+ years of experience in financial markets, specifically in Asset Finance, Securitized/Structured Products, Leverage Finance or Real Estate Finance.
- Experience working on financing across multiple asset classes, structures and geographies is desirable. Deep experience in a single vertical with the ability to adapt across verticals also could be interesting.
- Execution and detail-oriented, but also having an entrepreneurial mindset – ability to complete deals and build out a framework simultaneously.
- Strong negotiation and documentation skills with a commercial and relationship acumen.
- Self-starter who will be proactive, act like an owner and be a meaning contributor to an early stage team within an established firm & infrastructure.
- Required personal characteristics: team player, strong work ethic, low ego, resourcefulness, and disciplined.