Our client, a publicly traded FinTech Company is looking for a Software Engineer to work on an exciting project in their brand new office in Midtown. S/he will be responsible for a spectrum of assignments from working on new products, system and product enhancements, and systems architecture to bug fixes. We are looking for a highly motivated developer to design, implement, enhance, and support various aspects of the system, including an expansion of the platform to other divisions within the firm. This position will involve server side component development as well as some client facing UI work.
Required Technical Skills
- Strong exposure on Core Java, Spring, Spring boot, REST APIs, Microservices
- Solid understanding of object-oriented principles and design patterns.
- Strong Front End Development Skills in Angular or React, preferably React.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Proven ability to write comprehensive unit and integration tests
- Good understanding of Agile based execution processes
- Experience in the finance industry or knowledge of financial products is a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in core skills
- Design highly scalable software solutions to improve functionality and system longevity
- Expected to adapt in dynamic and collaborative work environment and make independent decision
- Experience working within Agile/Scrum Methodology
Preferred Technical Skills
- Experience with build tools, such as Git, Maven, and Jenkins
- Experience with TDD/BDD methodologies and tooling such as (Jest, Enzyme, Mockito, Jasmine, Mocha, Karma etc).
- Knowledge of State Management libraries like Redux, MobX etc
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
Base Salary Range: $110,000 – $175,000