Our client is a multi-billion dollar special situations fund that invests across asset classes and geographies. They looking for an analyst/associate to join the portfolio management team. The candidate will interact with senior management and portfolio companies to optimize the fund’s portfolio. This is a great opportunity for someone that wants to be exposed to different asset classes, industries and geographies and a wide range of transactions including M&A, recapitalizations, restructurings, divestitures, etc. Furthermore, it is an outstanding long-term career opportunity.
- Perform all pertinent financial analyses, including leveraged buyout, discounted cash flow, comparables and precedent transactions for investments
- Build detailed operating models (e.g. company budgets, prospective add-on acquisitions)
- Perform asset and portfolio valuations and return analyses
- Draft reporting packages that include operating and financial performance, variance analysis and project status
- Draft presentations and memoranda highlighting asset strategy and investment performance for internal and external use
- Work on a wide range of transactions, including M&A, recapitalizations, restructurings and divestitures