Our client is a multi-manager hedge fund which takes directional, concentrated and long term views with public equity investing. They also have a center book where ideas are sized up and the hedging of exposure takes place. The team interacts heavily with the portfolio teams and their primary goal is to generate incremental alpha by up-sizing positions held by the PMs. The Center Book is looking to add an Analyst. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in constant learning and improvement.
- Building and maintaining industry and company models
- Conducting due diligence on prospective and active investments, including meeting management teams, talking to industry consultants and attending industry conferences
- Maintaining team databases (AlphaTheory, decision log, etc.)
- 1-3 years of investment banking and/or hedge fund experience with L/S equity
- Ability to build integrated financial models and analyze financial statements
- Strong interest in public equity markets