Our client, a large multi strategy hedge fund is looking to add a Business Analyst to their Systematic Investment team. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in learning more about the day-to-day trading operations at a hedge fund.
- Complete project lifecycle management launching new portfolio managers’ teams into production
- Design portfolio management research and trading solutions that adhere to the firm’s standards
- Lead new strategy rollout projects, working internally with the firm’s Technology, Operations, Legal, Compliance, and Risk groups, and externally with Brokers, Exchanges and Vendors
- Provide day-to-day support for various operational procedures, such as broker data management, compliance monitoring, trading and business continuity
- Strong combination of software development skills and communication skills with some experience working in a financial services organization
- A BS in finance, statistics, math and engineering or computer science is strongly preferred. 2 years of relevant work experience is a plus.
- Must have the ability to assist veteran specialists while simultaneously managing multiple long-term and short-term projects independently under very tight projects deadlines
- Working experience with one of the Linux/Unix scripts: Perl, Bash, etc.
- Working experience with Linux/Windows Operating System and distributed storage solutions preferred. Familiarity with industry standards of server and storage hardware preferred.
- Working experience with C++, C# or Java programming
- Strong knowledge of SQL. Additional experience with database design is a plus.