Global investment management firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. They strive to deliver superior, long-term results for clients by looking past market noise to identify and isolate what matters most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. They focus on practical insights and analysis has made them leaders in alternative and traditional strategies since 1998.
The firm is looking for recent graduates with up to 2 years of post-undergraduate experience to join the firm as Analysts in the Business Development group. The group, headed by a co-founder of the firm, consists of approximately 95 employees and manages relationships with a broad cross-section of investors and financial intermediaries. The group’s role is to deepen the understanding of its clients and help provide them with solutions to achieve their investment objectives.
- Provide support to senior members of Business Development whose objective is to build and deepen relationships with investors
- Develop strong product and asset class knowledge and demonstrate interest in the industry
- Liaise with other members of Business Development to update marketing materials and leverage the firm’s intellectual capital (e.g., coordinate the distribution of white papers, webinars and analysis)
- Act as a point of contact for existing investors and be responsible for marshaling the full resources of the firm to coordinate responses to all investor inquiries
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business or a Science, Quantitative, or Engineering Program from a top university is preferred. Liberal arts graduates with appropriate work experience will also be considered
- Up to two years of relevant post-undergraduate experience at an investment management or asset management firm, a consulting firm or investment bank
- High proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Hard working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual, collaborative environment
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Enthusiastic about developing and implementing ideas
- Self-starter, able to work independently as well as within a team
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of finance and the investment management industry is highly desirable